Thursday 31 December 2009

Project 2- Semester 1








Brooch


My inspiration for this piece is the fantastic 'Maggie Centre' designed by Frank Gehry. I remember seeing this building in one of our talks during our first year in the general art course, I was immediately impressed by the sleekness of the roof. So obviously it had to be incorporated into my design for this project in some way!

This is a paper maquette of my intended use of the roof into my design.





This is my final design. I found the most difficult and time consuming part of this project was the roof. It took numerous tries to get the roof exactly the way i wanted it but to me i feel that it was well worth it as an end outcome.

I think that the contrasts work well in this piece, the silver-plated sections with the oxidized sections, solid with line structures.




No comments:

Post a Comment