Tuesday 22 February 2011

Glass Blowing





Yesterday afternoon, Sally and I took a wee trip through to Edinburgh to see if we could have a whack at glass blowing in the Art College. We didn't just appear and expect it obviously, my friend from back home is doing a glass work course through there and then we just kind of invited ourselves! How nice of us! Unfortunatly we ourselves weren't able to do glass blowing but we did get a chance to creep on some of the people who were already working their wee socks off. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what I saw which I think were just the basics! The workshop had a very different feel to our jewellers one back in Dundee, with the constant sound of glass exploding due to it cooling off too quicky and the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment